Sunday, September 27, 2009

Crazy Saturday

Extreme Strings

Thought I'd start with another strings thingy I just wrote. Not epic by any means, pretty simple and driving.

This weekend was pretty wild. Yesterday I decided to dye my hair on the spot, and right after that task was completed we went apple picking at McDougals near Sanford, Maine.
http://www.mcdougalorchards.com/lfmf.htm

We got some HUUUGE crispins, which would be a chore to eat on your own, and also some honeycrisp, macoun, cortland, and some other obscure brands I don't remember. Of course we avoided the red delicious, the image everyone envisions when picturing an apple, and surely the worst kind by far.

After we picked our apples and I was lugging this massive bag we took a little hay ride around the place. Then we got some homemade apple cinnamon donut munchkins and hot cider and ate a crispin with those at a picnic table. I thought it was so cool that this place was a short 20 minute country drive from our place, whereas in VA it would be an all-day event.

Last night we went to the abandoned Scenic Theater in Rochester, NH for a mock paranormal investigation and training session. I learned all about the different types of equipment used, how to use them and hook them up, basic electrical theory, informative tidbits on how to conduct different aspects of an investigation, etc. etc. Basically, I have the knowledge now to start buying my own equipment and conduct my own investigations!

We spent about 2 hours investigating the theater which had 4 floors. We got a spike in our EMF and K2 simultaneously in one room, but theorized it was an electrical source in the wall or from directly in the building next door. Also, in the 3rd floor theater, one girl got a bad vibe and needed to leave, but upon further investigation by the rest of us, no strange activity was found besides a slight increase in EMF in one doorway. The basement proved to be rather creepy, with a vent of doom that disappeared into darkness. No one entered that. The first floor ballroom was the main area of the venue, and was filled with lots of clutter seemingly from 50 years ago.

The likelihood is that this theater was not haunted, despite previous reports of an investigator following an EMF reading in the 2nd floor bathroom, and an extreme sensation of feeling unwanted and needing to leave a room in the basement. However, nothing happened last night, and the experience simply served as a venue to experiment and learn about the different types of equipment, as well as a way to figure out how I can become an investigator myself.

Today its rainy, and I have lots of laundry to do. Maybe I'll spice it up with some Dino Crisis later...

No comments:

Post a Comment